Role - Asset Management Lead
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £42,650-£67,400 (dependent on experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply
To lead the integration of asset management activities by identifying, appraising, optimising and prioritising options for the development of effective asset management plans, championing the implementation of the Asset Management strategy into the Estate Area, to ensure asset management objectives are achieved.
Successful Candidates will be responsible for:
- Drive implementation of the Asset Management Framework and Systems across own area of responsibility through the production and maintenance of the estate and asset management plans.
- Provide subject matter expert support to the Group Leader Asset Operations (GLAO) in the application of Asset Management (AM) principles to be compliant with their AM responsibilities.
- Promote the implementation of Asset Management by developing asset management capability and awareness, championing AM Principles and Best Practices to help establish a firm asset management culture at AWE.
- Ownership of the Asset Management Improvement plan on behalf of the GLAO.
- Deliver lifecycle and investment plans which are prioritised and escalated based on sound Asset Management decisions and principles.
- Specify the range, volume and quality of AM activities and projects needed to achieve the AM Strategy to define an AM Service Level Agreement for area of responsibility.
- Setting direction and developing a shared understanding of individuals' roles in delivering the AWE vision and strategy.
- Enabling the performance and results of the team. Making sure that team members have the capabilities to get the work done now and in the future.
- Engaging and inspiring colleagues, promoting a diverse and inclusive environment that encourages them to seek opportunities for continuous improvement.
Whilst not to be considered a check list, candidates should be able to demonstrate some of the following:
- Institute of Asset Management (IAM) Certificate or Diploma with a minimum of 3 years practical AM experience, although not essential.
- HNC / HND in a relevant discipline and membership of a professional body, e.g., IAM, IMechE.
- Assessing the impact of changing economic / stakeholder expectations on a day-to-day and long-term management of assets.
- Good understanding of the internal and external environment which the company operates.
- Proven stakeholder management and consultation.
- Ability to identify problems, evaluate options and recommend the optimum solution.
- Working knowledge of facilitation and change management principle.