The Assistant Project Manager reports directly to the Project Manager and is responsible for the direction and leadership of all activities associated with the full life cycle delivery of the contract(s) assigned to them.
This post has the responsibility to ensure delivery of all (or part of) the engineering, procurement, manufacturing, construction, and commissioning activities for the life cycle of the contract or work package in accordance with the overall Project schedule.
For 50 years, we've been driven by the firm belief that engineers are the architects of tomorrow's world, leading the way with their daring, their expertise and their ability to push boundaries.
Together with our customers, our 6,000 employees innovate on a daily basis and contribute to accelerating energy transition throughout the world. They support the world's greatest engineering projects in the fields of energy, digital and transport. A fast-growing international Group, we are present in 13 countries (in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Africa).
Schofield Lothian have been providing specialised construction industry consultancy services since 1979, delivering sustainable performance improvements within five practice areas: Consents & Engagement; Commercial Management; Project Management; Environment & Sustainability; and Contract Services.
Having an excellent reputation within the transport & infrastructure and property market sectors, they have developed relationships with a wide array of industry clients.
In an exciting development, Schofield Lothian & Assystem have allied with the intention of providing a comprehensive range of services and solutions across the industry. Schofield Lothian combining their focused knowledge and experience with Assystem's long history in the provision of design & project management, construction supervision and digital transformation services.
- Negotiate contractual terms and conditions and obtain budget approval for any new commitments.
- Lead a team of professionals, providing vision, strategy, and direction, always adhering to the core values of Schofield Lothian.
- Manage approved budget, variations, risk, and opportunities across all designated projects.
- Securing the required resources to meet their project requirements, ensuring the maintenance of SQEP for any assigned resource and promptly identifying any personnel shortfalls or issues within their project team. This could involve input to internal or external recruitment.
- Maintaining effective communications with all stakeholders.
- Drive the delivery of the contract or package activities to ensure they are delivered safely on time, to budget, meeting business & technical requirements. Monitor and manage the progress of the programme - track progress against milestones, deadlines, budget and provide key stakeholders with reports on these matters.
- Anticipate, manage, and resolve issues within the contact or package. Identify risks and facilitate the resolution of all issues raised, develop, and update the programme budget, and escalate any issues to the Project Manager.
- Ensure level 3 schedules are developed and maintained for the contract or package of work. Ensure such schedules are consistent with overall Project schedules (levels 1 and level 2). Escalate any discrepancies to the Project Manager.
- Track record of delivering multiple simultaneous projects within a technically complex and dynamic environment whilst ensuring high levels of safety, security and environmental responsibility, ideally within the Nuclear Energy sector or similar regulated environment.
- Experience of successfully engaging groups of stakeholders.
- Able to demonstrate strong management skills including project management, financial management, change management and facilitation. Proficient in the use of estimating scheduling, programming and risk tools.
- Experience of managing contractors, consultants and other advisors throughout large and complex projects, in a regulated environment. Including NEC and/or FIDIC contracts.
- Good presentation, influencing and facilitation skills. Excellent communication and organisational skills, able to develop relationships and maintain effective networks.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Basic understanding of PWR design an advantage.
- Working knowledge of French language an advantage.
- Degree and chartered status in an engineering, construction, physics or other related field.
- Knowledge of Project Management with experience of applying either; APM body of knowledge and OGC's Prince 2
- Can demonstrate experience of managing project through the project lifecycle from concept to handover
- Quality control/assuarance