Using your existing knowledge of Network Rail procedures and forms of contract, particularly in the area of re-signalling, your role will centre on commercial activity on projects involved in the modernising of existing signalling systems to deliver state-of-the-art signalling technology for the railway.
For 50 years, we've been driven by the firm belief that engineers are the architects of tomorrow's world, leading the way with their daring, their expertise and their ability to push boundaries.
Together with our customers, our 6,000 employees innovate on a daily basis and contribute to accelerating energy transition throughout the world. They support the world's greatest engineering projects in the fields of energy, digital and transport. A fast-growing international Group, we are present in 13 countries (in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Africa).
Schofield Lothian have been providing specialised construction industry consultancy services since 1979, delivering sustainable performance improvements within five practice areas: Consents & Engagement; Commercial Management; Project Management; Environment & Sustainability; and Contract Services.
Having an excellent reputation within the transport & infrastructure and property market sectors, they have developed relationships with a wide array of industry clients.
In an exciting development, Schofield Lothian & Assystem have allied with the intention of providing a comprehensive range of services and solutions across the industry. Schofield Lothian combining their focused knowledge and experience with Assystem's long history in the provision of design & project management, construction supervision and digital transformation services.
- Responsible for establishing and implementing appropriate commercial strategies including effective project cost management and providing feedback into subsequent procurement processes.
- Responsible for the commercial management of framework agreements and supporting contracts leading the commercial review of contractor delivery, attending valuation & progress meetings as necessary.
- Initiate estimating and risk & value management of projects in a timely manner during the project life-cycle, recommending appropriate mitigating actions on commercial/risk events at the earliest opportunity.
- Provide pro-active expertise, advice, and governance on all contract/scope changes in accordance with change control systems, recommending or authorising appropriate action within delegated authority and progressing the timely resolution of contract variations.
- Experience of operating ideally within a cost / PM / engineering consultancy
- Familiarity with common forms of contract (e.g. NEC & ICC)
- Good Knowledge of Network Rail forms of contract
- Previous experience in the use of CEMAR
- Educated to degree level or equivalent and professional qualification.
- Experience of resolution of construction contract disputes
- Knowledge of commercial contract management.
- Demonstrable skills in initiating and building positive working relationships with customers, their team, and stakeholders.
- Demonstrates a passion to deliver and motivates others to work at their best.
- Demonstrable ability to work proactively through complex issues
- Demonstrable experience of thinking through the cost, business priorities and customer implications of their decisions