For 50 years, we've been driven by the firm belief that engineers are the architects of tomorrow's world, leading the way with their daring, their expertise and their ability to push boundaries.
Together with our customers, our 6,000 employees innovate on a daily basis and contribute to accelerating energy transition throughout the world. They support the world's greatest engineering projects in the fields of energy, digital and transport.
A fast-growing international Group, we are present in 13 countries (in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Africa).
Assystem are a key engineering design delivery partner for the UK SMR (Small Modular Reactor) project.
Our expanding UK-wide team are innovating in engineering across a spectrum of digital, energy transition and Nuclear technologies such as fusion and modularisation alongside large-scale critical Infrastructure.
Join us and make your contribution towards the UK meeting our global net zero ambitions with multiple units planned to be supplying carbon free electricity within the next decade.
We are seeking several experienced Control Design Engineers to work and support within our design, engineering and delivery capability teams. These roles will be based from our Derby office on a hybrid basis.
You will with your C&I Discipline on this application be client delivery focussed, with influence of the concept design study, and detailed development stages, where later you will have the opportunity to expand and support the oncoming stages of the through life construction, commissioning, handover, and transition into final operation and then full through operational life requirements.
Your initial focus will be on the creation, and development on Reactor Island Concept Design and Controls, to include:
- Reactor plant controls systems,
- Reactor hardwired protection systems,
- Fuel route control and protection,
- Radioactive waste management systems
With a focus on the following areas:
- The overarching requirements, and concepts.
- Technical and Engineering Specifications.
- Line diagrams, and schematics.
- Functional diagrams to a level of detail such that the supply chain can be engaged to develop hardware and software requirements.
Whilst we encourage applications from all nationalities, Assystem within the UK are subject to security and export control restrictions due to the nature of work to be undertaken.
These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge and understanding of safety critical systems and specifications including the appropriate legislation, standards and directives and the management of appropriate activities such as FMECA, HAZOP, HAZID.
- Knowledge of electrical and controls systems design, including EMC assessment.
- An understanding of control system design phases such as V cycle, design validation and verifications and version management.
- Experience of software / hardware / embedded programming for machinery, radiological monitoring and process plant control.
- Experience of designing/leading control systems packages.
- Demonstrable and sound technical knowledge of theoretical and practical design aspects of control system designs.
- Knowledge of instrumentation techniques, including signal processing and conversions, and calibration techniques.
- Experience with plant and documentation configuration management.
- HNC/HND in Control and Instrumentation engineering or equivalent qualification with a high emphasis on Control Engineering Design Aspects
- Incorporated Engineer or working towards Chartership status
- Member of a recognised institute (IET, INSTMC)