We are looking for a mechanical Lead Design Engineer with a minimum of 5 years experience of substantiating Type B RAM transport packages in thermal and impact accident scenarios using analytical engineering tools, predominantly FEA. You will have excellent experience of MATLAB, LINUX, Abacus, Hyperworks & Oasys Suite as well as the following:
- A minimum of 5 years experience of advanced pre/post processing tools and solvers. such as: Altair H & LS DYNA
- A minimum of 5 years experience of heat transfer, thermal stress and/or impact analysis of RAM transport packages.
- Ability to perform hand calculations and use alternative methods of checking complex FEA results e.g. use of Matlab/MathCAD/Excel to provide evidence of solution verification of detailed FEA simulations.
- A good knowledge of the IAEA Regulations for transporting radioactive material is essential.
- Experience of using the described engineering tools on a Linux based operating system (command line driven), is essential.
- The engineer should be well versed in the use of appropriate guidance material, codes of practice and relevant standards used to prepare assessments within the nuclear industry such as TCSC, British Standards and ASME.
- Ability to use TeX based systems to generate reports and engineering documents would be advantageous.
- A good understanding and knowledge of containment assessments and ISO 12807 would be advantageous.
- Ability to automate repetitive working processes using a programming language is desirable e.g. a working knowledge of one or more of bash/perl/python/Matlab/Fortran is advantageous.
Location: Predominantly remote working with limited amount of site based work to meet clients (Warrington)
If you have the experience required above please apply/call/mail me ASAP for the full spec/more information.