Job Title: E&P Supervisor
Location: Glasgow, Stephenson Place, G72 0LH - Agile working - Office / Site
Compensation: £37,703 with roster premium of 32.5% + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF44108
Babcock Rail currently have an opportunity for an E&P Supervisor. In this role you will assist the E&P Manager in the planning and safe delivery of E&P work packages as part of the Rail Systems Alliance Framework contract in Scotland, with most work concentrated in throughout the Central Belt.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a self-motivated and driven individual, who has excellent interpersonal and people management skills to supervise subcontractors on site, as well as plan jobs, put together work package plans, task briefs, and Health & Safety documentation.
What will you be doing?
Your main duties will include
* Assisting in the detailed planning and execution of E&P Works as allocated by the E&P Manager.
* Responsible for planning and directing the activities of track staff.
* Assisting with and attending Whiteboard/Stage Gate meetings in accordance with Babcock Procedure producing the required outputs to support effective and robust delivery of the works to completion.
* Ensuring agreed performance and other KPI's are met.
* Ensuring compliance with Contract allowables for all works.
* Ensuring compliance with all relevant Safety Legislation and Welfare Regulations.
The experience you'll bring
* Proven experience in Rail Electrification & Power
* Preferably a minimum 2 years at Senior Infrastructure Technician or equivalent level - ideally
* SJIB qualified Approved Electrician - or equivalent
* City & Guilds Level 3 Inspection & Testing (2391-52) or equivalent - ideally
* BS7671 18TH Edition IET Wiring Regulations - 16th or 17th will also be considered
* PTS / COSS Competence - ideally
* Ability to drive
* IT Skills are a must
* Must be willing to undergo pre-employment screening (including, but not limited to credit check, personal and employment references, qualification checks and a drugs & alcohol and medical assessment)
* You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement - 28 days + bank holidays
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 21st June 2022