Working within the Environmental Team, you will provide pragmatic on-site support and advice to construction teams and sub-contractors whilst delivering ecological requirements to programme, budget and quality standard. This includes on-site surveys, inspections and watching briefs, providing practical advice on programme and on-site measures, and providing practical advice on legal requirements and HS2 requirements.
For 50 years, we've been driven by the firm belief that engineers are the architects of tomorrow's world, leading the way with their daring, their expertise and their ability to push boundaries.
Together with our customers, our 6,000 employees innovate on a daily basis and contribute to accelerating energy transition throughout the world. They support the world's greatest engineering projects in the fields of energy, digital and transport. A fast-growing international Group, we are present in 13 countries (in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Africa).
Schofield Lothian have been providing specialised construction industry consultancy services since 1979, delivering sustainable performance improvements within five practice areas: Consents & Engagement; Commercial Management; Project Management; Environment & Sustainability; and Contract Services.
Having an excellent reputation within the transport & infrastructure and property market sectors, they have developed relationships with a wide array of industry clients.
In an exciting development, Schofield Lothian & Assystem have allied with the intention of providing a comprehensive range of services and solutions across the industry. Schofield Lothian combining their focused knowledge and experience with Assystem's long history in the provision of design & project management, construction supervision and digital transformation services.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Liaise with site workers on a practical way to work without contravening legislation relating to ecology
- Compile reports and other documentation as required.
- Develop and support implementation of ecological method statements and associated documents as required
- Actively help deliver a culture of continual improvement of on-site ecological practice that is solution-orientated to support construction teams.
- Report ecological incidents
- Passes important information such as Stop Works to the Ecology team.
- Provides information into the ECoW Whatsapp group.
- Completes a Daily Diary as per the requirements.
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- Knowledge of ecological management and mitigation
- Educated to degree level
- Understanding of ecological legalisation for development
- Good level of commercial awareness
- Flexibility to travel
- Good understanding of environmental management for construction sites
- Literate in MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- CIEEM Membership
- Understanding of the benefits of working collaboratively to obtain the best outcome for the project