For 50 years, we've been driven by the firm belief that engineers are the architects of tomorrow's world, leading the way with their daring, their expertise and their ability to push boundaries.
Together with our customers, our 6,000 employees innovate on a daily basis and contribute to accelerating energy transition throughout the world. They support the world's greatest engineering projects in the fields of energy, digital and transport.
A fast-growing international Group, we are present in 13 countries (in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Africa).
Make your contribution towards the UK achieving our net zero ambitions Hinkley Point C (HPC) will be supplying 3,200 MWe of carbon free electricity within the next decade.
Assystem are a key multi-framework engineering partner helping to design, construct, and commission the UK's first large-scale nuclear power station in 30 years.
You will be joining our expanding team of over 7000 delivering innovative engineering across a spectrum of digital, energy transition and Nuclear technologies such as fusion and modularisation alongside key global large-scale critical Infrastructure projects.
Assystem are looking to recruit a talented Electrical Design Engineer to join our growing team in Bristol, on a permanent basis. The successful Electrical Design Engineer will be supporting the Electrical Design functions of the Hinckley Point C Nuclear New Build project within the UK. Duties will include, but may not be limited to;
- Technical review of drawings, reports and schematics these include;
- - Electrical and building services surveillance on 10kV HV and 400V LV
- - Backup power technologies for the HPC Ancillary Buildings
- Support the delivery of the 10KV ring electrical design package activities
- Ensure systems are delivered safely on time and to budget whilst meeting business and technical requirements
- Support and optimise the review & surveillance of the Contractor delivery of the Ancillary Buildings electrical systems
- Handle queries raised by team members, contractors, and suppliers
- Support organisational learning, helping in the identification, understanding and the effective resolution
- Technical authoring for related electrical systems manuals
- Identify risks and open points and have an appropriate mitigation plan in place and ensure that delivery of approved solution is conducted
- Responsible for Ancillary Building electrical system architecture and managing site wide cable lists and load lists
- Liaison with other NNB teams; Commissioning, Cabling, Security, Building Project Managers
- Interface coordination with key stakeholders
- Attend meetings with Responsible Designer, stakeholders and contractors when required
The successful Electrical Design Engineer will be able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities;
- Ability to deliver projects within a technical and dynamic environment
- High levels of safety, security, and environmental responsibility
- Good knowledge and experience of electrical equipment (e.g. switchgear, transformers, distribution boards, and Diesel Generator technologies)
- Effective communication with all stakeholders to execute the HPC project
- Experience of preparing reports, specifications & presentations
- Experience within a project reference configuration environment
- Authoring design change modifications and reviewing technical documents
- Ability to work to deadlines, managing time and priorities effectively
- Previous experience in the Nuclear Energy sector or similarly regulated environment is preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of Building Services is desirable, including familiarity with British Standards for LV systems. i.e. BS7671:2018