Hybrid working, Base Location Devonport Dockyward, Plymouth
Competitive salary including car allowance and bonus
Be the change
As an Engineering Manager within Cavendish Nuclear, you'll provide direction and management of the Engineering and Technical Specialist teams to ensure on time delivery of programmes. Join us you'll be part of an international company that's continually innovating. Our aspirations are big - and you'll help make them possible.
As a leader within the UK nuclear industry, Cavendish Nuclear, part of Babcock International Group, provides a comprehensive range of critical nuclear solutions in clean energy, defence and civil new build and decommissioning projects. Together, we're innovating to make nuclear safer, faster and cost-effective across the nuclear energy life cycle. Your career with us could take you anywhere within Babcock International Group - from Canada, the USA to Japan. Work with us to create a safe and secure world, together.
The difference our new Engineering Manager will make
As one of our Engineering Managers, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You will deliver complex and exciting projects across the breadth of the nuclear industry. Your work will aide in promoting effective co-operation across Engineering and other functional teams. And, with our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
Day-to-day, you'll lead the planning and management of multi discipline projects including the management, coordination and integration of multi discipline tasks.
Our highly skilled team tackles major defence, decommissioning, new build and nuclear generation projects and has won over 78% of its latest tenders. Together, we're innovating to make nuclear safer, faster and cost-effective across the nuclear energy life cycle. We're also bringing the UK closer to Net Zero, through our work with Hinkley C, Sizewell C and X Energy. As Cavendish Nuclear continues to expand, so do the possibilities.
- Engineering degree (or equivalent qualification) in relevant engineering discipline, with significant demonstrable experience .
- Demonstrable management experience, including managing multidiscipline teams to deliver analysis activities on a range of project types .
- You are someone who owns and delivers, who champions high performance and is courageous to challenge the status quo.
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme
- Open to flexible working and alternative work patterns
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee Assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
- Opportunity to choose either a company car or cash alternative
- 20% performance related bonus
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.