Environmental Advisor – Nuclear Sector
Rate (Umbrella or PAYE available): £27 / hr PAYE / £35.49 per hour Umbrella
Duration: 12 months minimum
1 Member of the project team, supporting and providing environmental leadership. Provision of environmental management guidance, support, challenge, input to meetings, design change impact assessment(s), and working collaboratively with the project team to produce environmental deliverables, as required by the project in its particular project phase.
2. Support discussions with Regulators.
3. Provide support to the project, on issues such as, but not limited to, construction environmental management, design optimisation, visual impact, ecology and planning application support.
4. Provision of environmental management guidance, support, challenge and working collaboratively with the project team to produce environmental deliverables.
5. Identify the scope of environmental deliverables and workstreams, and help incorporate them into an overall project schedule/programme of work.
6. Manage delivery of the environmental work packages required across the project lifecycle.
7. Facilitate acquisition of resources to ensure all environmental deliverables are completed to time, quality and cost.
8. Provide technical advice to project teams on regulatory compliance and other environmental subjects.
9. Support discussions with Regulators, and potentially other interested external stakeholders, on environmental matters.
10. Manage environmental assurance within the project, including assurance reviews and delivery of environmental audits, for example, of the construction site(s); with additional themed audits as considered appropriate.
11. Act as the single point of contact for the project for compiling internal and external environmental approvals/consents/permits.
12. Support sitewide/programme initiatives as required, for example, input into the annual Sellafield Ltd environmental permit reviews.
13. Draw on, and share relevant Learning From Experience (LFE).
14. Develop and deliver a programme to enhance the environmental culture and the environmental awareness within the project.
Dependent upon the nature, complexity and stage/phase, people management may be required.
Ideal candidate would be:
A reliable and proactive Suitably Qualified and Experienced Personnel (SQEP) with excellent leadership, communication, people management and report writing skills, and with the following attributes:
1. Must have previous project environmental leadership experience.
2. Must have previous Regulator engagement experience.
3. Evidence of working collaboratively within a project team.
4. Proven ability to produce clear concise written documents.
5. Ability to work largely unsupervised, but at the same time, willing to seek advice and direction as required.
1. Highly preferable to have familiarity with the Sellafield site, especially experience of high-hazard related projects and plants.
2. Highly preferable to have familiarity with radiological environmental assessments, for example dose impact assessments and environmental concentration calculations, both during normal and fault conditions.
3. Highly preferable to have familiarity with Environmental Permitting Regulations, including Sellafield’s EPR permits.
4. Preferable to have previous people/line management experience.
5. Access to a background organisation expert knowledge on environmental topics such as visual impact, ecology, planning application support, construction environmental management etc. is preferred.
If the above is of interest then please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org