Are you an I&C Engineer with aspirations to work in one of the most exciting, challenging and forward-looking projects in the construction and energy industry? Are you looking for a role which can offer you the stability and confidence that you will be an important and valued member for an organisation with over 50 years of experience providing engineering services?
Assystem, the second largest nuclear engineering company in the World, are expanding rapidly in the UK, and with the ever-growing need for energy transition, you can be a part of the continuous effort towards decarbonisation.
The project at Hinkley Point C (HPC) in Somerset is the first of its kind in the UK in over 20 years and one of the biggest construction projects globally. If you have experience in the nuclear sector, then that's great, but by no means is it essential. We are looking for people who are ambitious and looking to be part of something great.
As an I&C Coordinator, you will have the opportunity for a semi-flexible work life balance, but we do expect you to be based in Bristol at least 3 days a week.
You will be leading the coordination of Instrumentation and Control (I&C) specification in close collaboration with process design studies for HPC, i.e. production of documentation required to purchase, commission and operate the systems, including related communication with interfacing entities.
The I&C Coordinator will carry out the following:
- Organize and prioritize day to day activities of I&C activities in the team
- Support in workload planning for I&C activities
- Mentoring of new resources and less experienced resources throughout the I&C sequence
- Act as single point of contact for I&C activities in front of external stakeholders, especially to the I&C department and counterparts in France
- Ensure configuration management
- Track and report progress of all I&C activities in the team
- Responsible for system design and system integration into overall HPC design
- I&C, Electrical, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent qualification
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Instrumentation and Control design
- Experience of producing design documentation and test Specifications
- Ability to effectively manage own workload in order to produce high quality documents and respect deadlines
- Proactive and confident in communicating with others, particularly those based in remote offices
- Continuously looking for opportunities to improve quality of engineering studies and the subsequent documentation produced
- Ability to productively coach and support others with the team
- Ability to prioritise, manage numerous with other stakeholders
- Knowledge of European Pressurised Reactor (EPR) system design principles and nuclear safety classification
- Knowledge of EDF internal tools used for I&C specification
- Experience of working on an operating plant or on an industrial site
- Knowledge of UK licensing requirements and its application within the HPC project
- Ability to speak and write technical documents in French
We are committed to providing equal opportunities for every candidate and we celebrate all forms of diversity. At Assystem, only your skills matter!