For 50 years, we've been driven by the firm belief that engineers are the architects of tomorrow's world, leading the way with their daring, their expertise and their ability to push boundaries.
Together with our customers, our 6,000 employees innovate on a daily basis and contribute to accelerating energy transition throughout the world. They support the world's greatest engineering projects in the fields of energy, digital and transport.
A fast-growing international Group, we are present in 13 countries (in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Africa).
Assystem are a key engineering design delivery partner for the UK SMR (Small Modular Reactor) project.
Our expanding UK-wide team are innovating in engineering across a spectrum of digital, energy transition and Nuclear technologies such as fusion and modularisation alongside large-scale critical Infrastructure.
Join us and make your contribution towards the UK meeting our global net zero ambitions with multiple units planned to be supplying carbon free electricity within the next decade.
Reporting to the RR-SMR Integration Lead, the Engineer shall support the Small Modular Reactor development programme by implementing processes, methods and modelling within the disciplined teams. This cutting-edge programme is changing the way nuclear power is delivered with new innovative technologies and processes being used to delivery energy that is cheaper, safer and more predictable.
- Reporting to the RR-SMR Integration Lead the Systems Engineer will ensure consistency of approach and methods across the Mechanical, Process and Electrical and Control and Instrumentation teams.
- Will undertake system modelling and will apply Model Based Systems Engineering principles to the design development programme.
- The successful candidate will ensure the quality and consistency of the formal requirements management process.
- The successful candidate will act at the interfaces between technical disciplines to ensure a successful integrated product is delivered.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to clearly communicate technical ideas to people of a wide range of technical backgrounds.
Key Skills & Experience:
- This role would suit someone who is looking for a challenge in developing the future of the UK Power Generation.
- The candidate should be able to use their technical skills to innovate, challenge the design and develop fit for purpose solutions for a Nuclear Power Plant.
- You will be someone who understands and can communicate the benefits of applying robust engineering methods for delivering high quality engineering output.
- You will understand UK health and safety legislation and the requirements and constraints this imposes.
- You will preferentially have an awareness of systems engineering, and requirements management, tools. For instance; IBM Rational DOORs, Capella, Enterprise Architect or other equivalent tools.
- You will understand and be able to articulate the benefits of system modelling and a formal requirements management approach.
- You will be able to communicate your ideas and technical solutions in English to people of all levels of technical knowledge both by written and verbal means.
- You will have a STEM subject degree (e.g. Engineering, Physics or Chemistry. Preferably Masters Level.).