Location - Reading / Basingstoke area
Package - £33,350 - £44,000 (depending on your suitability and level of experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement 270 hours a year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) plus every other Friday off
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
The role of Logistics Specialist is to provide control and management across a wide spectrum of Logistics, including warehousing, inventory, asset and stock control. You would also develop and deliver logistic strategies and plans.
What will you be required to do?
- Task management of the Logistics staff/teams within the various warehousing areas
- Management of all deliveries nationally and internationally
- Logistics interface and liaison with customers and suppliers
- Management of receipt, pick (AMS Work Orders, Route Cards, and Form 16's), pack and audit of stock held on inventories
- Management of stock including control of controllable assets on recognised corporate systems
- Focal point for the movement of dangerous goods, internally, nationally and internationally
- Auditing and reporting in relation to warehouse operations
- Fork Lift Truck Operations/Slinging and Lifting.
Whilst not to be considered a check list, candidates should be able to demonstrate some of the following:
- Experience of working in a logistics/warehousing environment.
- Have the ability to deal with difficult situations
- Experience of working in a busy environment and problem solve under pressure
- Proactive approach to safety and quality
- Excellent decision making skills
All candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.