For 50 years, we've been driven by the firm belief that engineers are the architects of tomorrow's world, leading the way with their daring, their expertise and their ability to push boundaries.
Together with our customers, our 6,000 employees innovate on a daily basis and contribute to accelerating energy transition throughout the world. They support the world's greatest engineering projects in the fields of energy, digital and transport.
A fast-growing international Group, we are present in 13 countries (in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Africa).
Assystem is an International Engineering Consultancy with significant growth plans within our Energy & Infrastructure business here in the UK.
Our Defence Platform office is based in Derby where we specialise in the management and design functions of submarine and nuclear projects within the UK.
Consequently, Assystem Energy & Infrastructure Ltd (AEIL) is looking to recruit motivated and focused individuals to join our growing team.
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Employment Type: Permanent
As part of a growing account, Assystem Energy & Infrastructure are looking to increase the size of their Derby site to respond to an increase in workload.
We are looking to recruit a number of capable Engineers for deployment onto a number of projects across the portfolio within the Defence sector.
If you're an Engineer with between 2 and 5 year's experience in a highly-regulated industry and are looking to take the next step in your career development, we'd like to hear from you.
The work is varied and can cover aspects such as the design of new equipment, as well as the justification of existing equipment across a range of systems, as such there is no generic set of duties for the position. Typical duties would include, but necessarily be limited to:
- To provide technical support across a portfolio of consultancy projects.
- To carry out engineering justification of existing equipment and new-build
- To ensure equipment is safe and fit for purpose.
- To support Engineering Substantiation and Validation activities across equipment and infrastructure
- To develop engineering designs through a gated design process.
- To compile and to author technical documentation that will meet the stringent needs of the customer.
- To carry out engineering activities from home, from our office as well as from the customer's site.
- Adhere to Assystem quality system
- Work to budgets for assigned tasks
- If required, assist in proposal writing and other related bidding activities
Due to the nature of the work, you'll need to be a British National and will be required to undergo security vetting.
Working knowledge of some or all of the following:
- Compiling and Authoring technical documentation within a highly regulated industry such as Aerospace, Pharmaceutical, Medical, Offshore or Nuclear.
- CAD Modelling experience, preferably Siemens NX.
- A competent user of robust configuration management and Product
- Lifecycle Management systems, ideally Teamcenter.
- Performing Engineering calculations to support a design or investigation, preferably using MathCAD.
- The ability to interpret Technical Requirements and develop a working plan of action to resolve issues.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Foundation Degree or Bachelors Degree in an engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering or Aeronautical Engineering.
- IEng desirable working toward Chartered status
- Self motivated and able to comfortably work alone or as part of a team
- Ideally sufficiently vetted to work with government marked information
- 2 years relevant experience of working in a highly regulated industry.
- Experience of the defence industry would be advantageous, but isn't essential.
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken, applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.