For 50 years, we've been driven by the firm belief that engineers are the architects of tomorrow's world, leading the way with their daring, their expertise and their ability to push boundaries.
Together with our customers, our 6,000 employees innovate on a daily basis and contribute to accelerating energy transition throughout the world. They support the world's greatest engineering projects in the fields of energy, digital and transport.
A fast-growing international Group, we are present in 13 countries (in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Africa).
Make your contribution towards the UK achieving our net zero ambitions Hinkley Point C (HPC) will be supplying 3,200 MWe of carbon free electricity within the next decade.
Assystem are a key multi-framework engineering partner helping to design, construct, and commission the UK's first large-scale nuclear power station in 30 years.
You will be joining our expanding team of over 7000 delivering innovative engineering across a spectrum of digital, energy transition and Nuclear technologies such as fusion and modularisation alongside key global large-scale critical Infrastructure projects.
Assystem are recruiting for experienced Mechanical Engineers to join us on Hinkley Point C as part of our Review & Acceptance teams reporting to the Mechanical & Electrical Discipline Lead.
The role will cover the majority of mechanical, electrical & HVAC equipment and systems to be installed across the plants, and will interface with other disciplines, so would suit an experienced professionals with stakeholder management skills.
- Reporting to the Mechanical & Electrical Discipline Lead
- Contributing to the review & acceptance of engineering queries raised by the installation contractor or by designers
- Primarily focused on the mechanical discipline, but interfacing with other disciplines and with several parties
- Responding to general queries, non-conformances, change request, and exemption requests originating from the contractors on site, with the support of the responsible designer or site experts when needed
- Provide adequate oversight to ensure the Nuclear Safety requirements are met
- Contribute in the resolution and closure of Open Points
- Assess technical risk and subsequently address this risk
- Report operationally to an Engineering Lead
Key Skills & Experience:
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Strong experience of mechanical engineering on a multi-disciplinary project
- Knowledge of the construction / installation industry
- Ability to influence a diverse range of stakeholders, particularly those in a site environment.
- Ability to work independently, be pro-active, report on and escalate relevant issues.
- Experience of working in the nuclear industry would be a benefit, but is not essential