The Institut Laue-Langevin (ILL), situated in Grenoble, France, and founded by France, Germany and the United Kingdom, is Europe's leading research facility for fundamental research using neutrons. The ILL operates the brightest neutron source in the world. The Reactor Division, whose role is to produce the neutrons needed to supply the ILL’s scientific instruments, is responsible for operating all the technical installations associated with the reactor. The Reactor Division currently has a vacancy for a:
Mechanical Maintenance Technician
You will join the Reactor Block, Fuel & Sources group, which is part of the ILL’s Mechanical Engineering Service and is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the reactor’s installations. As a member of this group, your main duties will be to:
- Change the samples on the experimental instruments inside the reactor block
- Prepare and perform maintenance operations on mechanical equipment in a radioactive environment
- Design and implement improvements to the equipment
- Monitor work carried out by subcontractors
- Perform mandatory periodic tests and inspections
- Draft procedures, technical specifications, reports, etc.
- Assist on an occasional basis with the operation of the other equipment under the group’s responsibility.
In this post, you must be able to assume a high level of autonomy quickly.
Qualifications and experience:
- Level 5 qualification (HND or equivalent) in mechanical engineering or industrial maintenance, together with at least 5 years’ professional experience in industrial maintenance.
- Experience in the maintenance of mechanical equipment in nuclear installations would be an advantage.
- Excellent writing skills (for the drafting of procedures, technical specifications, technical reports).
- You have a “hands-on” approach to your work and a very high level of autonomy with strong analytical skills.
- Team spirit, versatility and the ability to show initiative.
Generous company benefits (expatriation allowance), relocation assistance and language courses may be offered (for more information, please consult our employment conditions).
As an international research centre, we are particularly keen to ensure that we also attract applicants from outside France. A sound knowledge of French is essential. Knowledge of English and/or German would be an advantage.
This post is a permanent position.
Medical fitness for work under ionising radiation is required.
Post based in Grenoble and subject to administrative screening.
This positon involves performing an emergency response role in the event of a crisis.
How to apply:
Please submit your application on line, no later than 08.08.2021, via our website:
www.ill.eu/careers (vacancy reference: 21/31).