We are looking for an Operations Technician to join the Nuclear Threat Reduction (NTR) team.
This role is the perfect opportunity for individual's early in their career, or those looking to develop their career in an operational environment. If you have knowledge or skills in the following areas, then we want to hear from you:
- Maintaining operational equipment
- Carrying out logistics tasks
- Vehicle & plant operations
- Nuclear security and counter terrorism
The successful candidate will work closely with colleagues and end users to deliver our operational capability.
Location - Reading area
Package - £21,150 - c£25,000 (depending on your suitability and level of experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Personal & Career development opportunities
What will you be responsible for?
- Delivery of specific practical and logistical tasks to schedule, cost and quality.
- Undertaking scheduled maintenance of mechanical and electrical equipment
- Supporting quality assurance in areas such as electrical testing and calibration of instruments
- Routine checks and use of operational vehicles, plant, and equipment
- Providing logistical support to the Off-Site Delivery training and exercise programme
- Contribute to continuous improvement by identifying and reporting lessons learned and capability gaps
Candidates should have or be willing to undertake training to become qualified in:
- Category C+E licence (Including CPC & Digital Tacho)
- Forklift Truck (B1, Lorry Mounted & Remote controlled)
- Slinging & Lifting / LOLER
- ADR Class 7
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.