Piping Calculations Engineer
Assystem is the second largest Nuclear Engineering organisation worldwide, we are heavily involved in the development of Hinkley Point C and have opportunities within the Civil Design team based on site.
We require a Piping Calculations Engineer to be response for the mechanical study and equipment, calculation of piping and valves.
As part of the team, you would be responsible for
· Gathering input data, analysing/updating hypothesis notes and loading description reports
· Performing the piping flexibility calculations and calculation of piping supports
· Analysing the mechanical behaviour of the piping network with respect to the codified criteria
· Proposing appropriate and proportionate modifications in case the sizing criteria are not met
· Producing technical assessment note
· Updating the calculation notes
Qualifications and Experience
· First experience in piping calculation 2 years minimum.
· Knowledge of RCC-M code (section C3650 at least) and understanding of damage mode
· Knowledge of Pipestress
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills