For 50 years, we've been driven by the firm belief that engineers are the architects of tomorrow's world, leading the way with their daring, their expertise and their ability to push boundaries.
Together with our customers, our 6,000 employees innovate on a daily basis and contribute to accelerating energy transition throughout the world. They support the world's greatest engineering projects in the fields of energy, digital and transport.
A fast-growing international Group, we are present in 13 countries (in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Africa).
Make your contribution towards the UK achieving our net zero ambitions Hinkley Point C (HPC) will be supplying 3,200 MWe of carbon free electricity within the next decade.
Assystem are a key multi-framework engineering partner helping to design, construct, and commission the UK's first large-scale nuclear power station in 30 years.
You will be joining our expanding team of over 7000 delivering innovative engineering across a spectrum of digital, energy transition and Nuclear technologies such as fusion and modularisation alongside key global large-scale critical Infrastructure projects.
Planning Engineer required to join Assystem working on Hinkley Point C (HPC) the UK's first large-scale nuclear power station in 30 years.
- You will be providing discipline experience for Integrated Project Controls, under the direction and leadership of the IPC Planning Manager, to establish, develop and maintain Project schedules / plans for either the Central Controls Team or one of the Programme Controls Teams.
- This will include the timely and accurate maintenance of the Integrated Work Schedule (IWS) in adherence with HPC processes, management of Level 3 (contract) schedules, and provision of time-related data and analysis.
- To assist and support the Central Controls Team when required to ensure alignment with the Level 2 (client) IWS.
- To support EDF Energy in making informed decisions to support the efficient and timely delivery of work scope.
- Understanding of other Disciplines of Project Controls (particularly Estimating, Cost and Risk) including management techniques and associated software.
- Understanding of earned value analysis.
- Understanding of various contract types, in particular the NEC suite and FIDIC
- Detailed understanding of scheduling methodologies and techniques;
- Technical and practical comprehension of engineering, procurement and construction methods and techniques in a UK context;
- Ability to produce accurate, complete and fully logic-linked construction plans;
- Good working knowledge of P6;
- High level of analytical and numerical skills;
- Minimum of HND or equivalent qualification in Engineering, Construction or other related field;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Join us and help the UK achieve our net zero ambitions with Hinkley Point C (HPC) supplying 3,200 MWe of carbon free electricity within the next decade.