Practice Manager / Associate Director (Commercial) - Hybrid role
We are seeking an experienced Commercial Manager to bring additional service delivery and business management expertise to a range of infrastructure projects. With a well-honed aptitude for client-focused service delivery and a capacity for leadership, you work closely with the Practice Lead in the ongoing development of this business area.
For 50 years, we've been driven by the firm belief that engineers are the architects of tomorrow's world, leading the way with their daring, their expertise and their ability to push boundaries.
Together with our customers, our 6,000 employees innovate on a daily basis and contribute to accelerating energy transition throughout the world. They support the world's greatest engineering projects in the fields of energy, digital and transport. A fast-growing international Group, we are present in 13 countries (in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Africa).
Schofield Lothian have been providing specialised construction industry consultancy services since 1979, delivering sustainable performance improvements within five practice areas: Consents & Engagement; Commercial Management; Project Management; Environment & Sustainability; and Contract Services.
Having an excellent reputation within the transport & infrastructure and property market sectors, they have developed relationships with a wide array of industry clients.
In an exciting development, Schofield Lothian & Assystem have allied with the intention of providing a comprehensive range of services and solutions across the industry. Schofield Lothian combining their focused knowledge and experience with Assystem's long history in the provision of design & project management, construction supervision and digital transformation services.
- Responsible for all pre- and post-contract commercial activities and team management on assigned projects
- Engage in tender and bid support activities
- Undertake business development activities and secure opportunities
- Undertake regular commercial cost reviews and react accordingly to manage any issues and mitigate risks
- Provide accurate project cost data
- Commercial risk management and reporting
- Claims management
- Dispute resolution / avoidance
- Managing professional commercial staff / quantity surveyors within the team
- Monthly reporting
- Provision of commercial strategic advice
- Cost forecasting / estimating
- Cost planning / delivery
- Relevant Degree and / or professional qualification.
- Experience of operating ideally within a cost / PM / engineering consultancy
- Familiarity with common forms of contract (e.g. NEC & ICC) is preferred
- Excellent IT skills.
- Previous experience in the use of CEMAR would be useful
- Proactively manage commissions / assignments and client teams to achieve agreed objectives with the client in a professional and ethical manner.
- Assist the Practice Leader in the production of regular management reports, highlighting financial performance, performance with key clients, current and future prospects, staff performance and workload trends.
- Assist the Practice Leader in the management, development and growth of the knowledge base within the practice - theory, services, markets, clients, rates and prices, etc.
- Develop and grow the team's skills, expertise and capabilities by completing staff appraisals, coaching, mentoring and training.
- Develop personal and company networks to identify, cultivate and close business opportunities.
- Proactively participate in other areas of the business to achieve common goals in agreement with the Practice Leader.
- Be fully conversant with and responsible for complying with all company policies and procedures specified
- Maintain effective communication with team.