For 50 years, we've been driven by the firm belief that engineers are the architects of tomorrow's world, leading the way with their daring, their expertise and their ability to push boundaries.
Together with our customers, our 7,000 employees innovate on a daily basis and contribute to accelerating energy transition throughout the world. They support the world's greatest engineering projects in the fields of energy, digital and transport.
A fast-growing international Group, we are present in 13 countries (in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Africa).
Assystem provide end state focused nuclear engineering services both individually and as part of an integrated design community - the largest nuclear design house in Europe - delivering major projects, infrastructure, waste, fuel management and safety case solutions. This mission is critical to the upkeep of the UK's long term nuclear infrastructure.
Join us and develop your career alongside a dedicated, delivery focussed, world class engineering team.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, able to work independently, and have demonstrable engineering experience, be confident in their own ability to lead and deliver the Instrumentation scope on a project.
The Principal engineer shall be instrumentation biased with an ability to develop process control panel schematics with a demonstrable knowledge of process instrumentation and an ability to work closely with Process Engineers, Mechanical engineers, PDMS and Civil Engineers to deliver an EC&I design.
The candidate shall also be able to, support EC&I Designers to develop panel schematics based on Sequence and Interlock Definition Documents (SIDD). The candidate shall be familiar with AVEVA design tools (AVEVA Instrumentation and AVEVA Electrical).
The candidate shall be familiar with the following:
- Good knowledge of Profibus networks and Profibus instrumentation design.
- Develop Instrument Schedules, Block Cable Diagrams, and Instrument Data Sheets.
- Develop control panel schematic diagrams.
- Support the PDMS team in developing the 3D plant model.
- Support other Engineers and Designers and allocate and direct work in close liaison with the Lead EC&I Engineer.
- Develop schemes for Instrument Loop Drawings, Hook-Up Drawings, and
- Instrument Mounting Drawings.
- Perform all assigned work to agreed Safety, Health & Environmental standards and demonstrate a commitment to attaining high levels of HSE (Health, Safety &
- Environment) performance.
- Participate in and advise on all design activities and initiatives, including documentation review etc.
- Ensure that all designs are to required standards and that the project objectives are met. Ensure that the work is completed to the agreed schedule.
- Preparation of project instrument schedules, design, Including instrument sizing and selection, calculations and verification checks
- Knowledge of steam system instrumentation.
- Assist Instrument designers with the preparation of instrumentation drawings.
- Provide guidance to PDMS engineers and other discipline engineers on
- Instrumentation engineering matters
- Proactive interaction with other disciplines to ensure overall project goals are met. Drive innovative solutions to reduce cost and schedule.
- Participate in relevant meetings, such as Model Reviews, Design reviews. Use suitable technology to increase efficiency.
- Support the Lead/Principal Control and Instrumentation Engineer and Management where required.
- Minimum 5 years' experience of working within a highly regulated industry, 2 of which must have been gained within the nuclear industry.
- Developing Instrumentation Schedules, Instrument Data Sheets.
- Must have sound knowledge of process instrumentation.
- Must have sound knowledge of Profibus PA and DP networks.
- Must have a sound knowledge of electrical panel design processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members.
- Knowledge of AVEVA Instrumentation and AVEVA Electrical shall be advantageous.
- Preference is to have a P1 pass however, this is not mandatory.
- Familiar with Electrical design principles.
- Knowledge of Low Voltage Directive.
- Knowledge of Minimum Design Safety Principles.
For more information and a further discussion through the job description, please contact
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.