For 50 years, we've been driven by the firm belief that engineers are the architects of tomorrow's world, leading the way with their daring, their expertise and their ability to push boundaries.
Together with our customers, our 6,000 employees innovate on a daily basis and contribute to accelerating energy transition throughout the world. They support the world's greatest engineering projects in the fields of energy, digital and transport.
A fast-growing international Group, we are present in 13 countries (in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Africa).
Assystem provide end state focused nuclear engineering services both individually and as part of an integrated design community the largest nuclear design house in Europe - delivering major projects, infrastructure, waste, fuel management and safety case solutions. This mission is critical to the upkeep of the UK's long term nuclear infrastructure.
Join us and develop your career alongside a dedicated, delivery focussed, world class engineering team.
We are currently recruiting for a Principal Network Engineer who can provide technical design, assurance and consultation in the support of solutions, projects and services on industrial networks in support of important cyber security objectives.
As a Principal Network Engineer you will Provide industrial networks expertise to ensure the Cyber Program meet their strategic objective of delivering hardened networks and look to Identify and produce detailed design solutions for Industrial Control Systems networks. Liaise with internal Project and Control Systems departments.
This role is part of a team responsible for the Technical Design and Assurance of the customer's Network and Security infrastructure. To do this involves building up a detailed and in-depth understanding of the customer's infrastructures, systems and applications and being aware of any new or inflight projects or changes.
The following are the major responsibilities of the Network Technical Architect:
- Work closely with the Network Architect to help develop an account technical strategy and roadmap.
- Ensure that Networks & Security are taken into account in all new solutions
- Identify and propose Service Improvements, Cost Reductions and Revenue Opportunities
- Provides industrial networks expertise to ensure the Cyber Program meet their strategic objective of delivering hardened networks.
- Identify and produce detailed design solutions for Industrial Control Systems networks.
- Liaise with internal Project and Control Systems departments.
- Willing to travel as necessary in line with business needs
- Ability to work under pressure and remain decisive
- Ability to appraise and quality assure the work of others
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Technical focus and drive
- HNC/HND/Degree qualified in software/computing related subject with relevant experience.
- Certified or equivalent knowledge of Cisco CCNP.
- Experience of design and deployment of network security solutions.
- Experience of producing design documentation to company standards.
- Experience of network packet capture and analysis.
- Experience of working in and Industrial Control Systems environment.
For more information and a further discussion through the job description, please contact
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.