For 50 years, we've been driven by the firm belief that engineers are the architects of tomorrow's world, leading the way with their daring, their expertise and their ability to push boundaries.
Together with our customers, our 7,000 employees innovate on a daily basis and contribute to accelerating energy transition throughout the world. They support the world's greatest engineering projects in the fields of energy, healthcare, life sciences and transport.
A fast-growing international Group, we are present in 15 countries (in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Africa).
Assystem provide end state focused nuclear engineering services both individually and as part of an integrated design community - the largest nuclear design house in Europe - delivering major projects, infrastructure, waste, fuel management and safety case solutions. This mission is critical to the upkeep of the UK's long term nuclear infrastructure.
Join us and develop your career alongside a dedicated, delivery focussed, world class engineering team.
The Senior/Principal Process Engineer will deliver documentation such as a process description and control philosophy, basis of process safety, process calculations. This is also likely to involve assessment of existing safety case information and technical papers.
Your duties will also consist of:
- You will have an input into the hazard analysis process and be required to respond to HAZOP 1 actions.
- Level 3 checking of process documentation including DSEAR & calculations.
- Design support to include attending and recording stakeholder meetings, cross discipline review of design intent, input to multidiscipline design solutions & development of safety case.
- With input from other disciplines and SME, produce a feed description outlining the important physical and radiological characteristics of the Orphan Packages, within the project requirements.
- Develop, with input from other disciplines, a high-level Hazard Management Strategy for managing hazards identified.
- Identify and develop options for meeting the projects objectives with consideration for the Hazard Management Strategy and any project constraints.
- Review documents produced by other disciplines to ensure alignment and that the Process Engineering design intent is maintained throughout.
- Present the Process design at any required assurance and governance reviews.
- Check Process documentation in line with SL checking procedures.
- Be able to produce a Process Engineering cost and activity list to support the subsequent concept and preliminary design phases of the project.
- Be able to work collaboratively within a multidisciplined design team and wider project.
- Be able to produce supporting Process calculations.
- Should have completed a relevant and recognised Degree or should have evidence of HNC/HND (or similar) with substantial experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with team members and Clients.
- To have substantial experience across the full life cycle of a project.
- To have experience of leading and managing the delivery of Process Engineering deliverables on multidisciplined design projects.
- SQEP Level 3 checker
For more information and a further discussion through the job description, please contact
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.