AWE are currently recruiting for a Production Delivery Manager
The role of a Production Delivery Manager within this area of our business is to lead cross-functional teams to enhance integration with a Production facility. This will include the leadership and management of multiple teams and the processes in a manufacturing environment to safely deliver the tasks authorised in the Single Order Book in a safe, secure, clean and cost-effective manner.
Location: Reading / Basingstoke Area (Burghfield)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
We are interested in hearing from candidates who can demonstrate strong leadership experience ideally within a Manufacturing or Production Engineering environment, delivering integration and performance to support a range of processes which are compliant with the relevant legislation.
To be successful for the role you must be a strong leader who will create an inspiring vision for your team. You must be able to motivate and inspire people to engage with that vision and be responsible for your team's vision delivery. You would be expected to coach and mentor your team members to maximise their individual effectiveness and the effectiveness of your team as a whole.
Key Responsibilities of the role include:
- Provide adequate supervision of the activities within their scope of responsibility
- Support the planning of operations, and support activities, to ensure delivery of the order book
- Allocate correct resources to meet multiple activities that have been forecast in programme
- Lead cross functional team to resolve production issues.
- Identify resource gaps and recruit were appropriate to meet program needs
Ideally candidates will have previous experience of the following:
- Leadership of direct reports to successfully plan and deliver their authorised programmes, tasks and projects to time, cost, and quality
- Component manufacturing within a precision machining environment
- Maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders at specialism or functional level to create and deliver operational plans and to optimise performance
- Delivering performance and process improvement in all aspects of operations
- Managing KPI metrics on schedule, quality, safety, delivery and cost
- Identifying, defining and solving complex operational and management issues
- Maintain and promote high personal standards, and team performance, in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.