We are currently recruiting for a Production Delivery Manager to join the team.
Location - Reading / Basingstoke area
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement 270 hours a year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) plus every other Friday off
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Enhanced relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
The role of a Production Delivery Manager within this area of our business is to lead cross-functional teams to enhance integration with a Production facility. This will include the leadership and management of multiple teams and the processes in a manufacturing environment to safely deliver the tasks authorised in the Single Order Book in a safe, secure, clean and cost-effective manner.
We are interested in hearing from individuals who can demonstrate strong leadership experience ideally within a Manufacturing or Production Engineering environment, delivering integration and performance to support a range of processes which are compliant with the relevant legislation.
To be successful for the role you must be a strong leader who will create an inspiring vision for your team. You must be able to motivate and inspire people to engage with that vision and be responsible for your team's vision delivery. You would be expected to coach and mentor your team members to maximise their individual effectiveness and the effectiveness of your team as a whole.
Ideally candidates will have previous experience of the following:
- Leadership of direct reports to successfully plan and deliver their authorised programmes, tasks and projects to time, cost, and quality
- Component manufacturing within a precision machining environment
- Maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders at specialism or functional level to create and deliver operational plans and to optimise performance
- Delivering performance and process improvement in all aspects of operations
- Managing KPI metrics on schedule, quality, safety, delivery and cost
- Identifying, defining and solving complex operational and management issues
- Maintain and promote high personal standards, and team performance, in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player
Key Responsibilities of the role include:
- Provide adequate supervision of the activities within their scope of responsibility
- Support the planning of operations, and support activities, to ensure delivery of the order book
- Allocate correct resources to meet multiple activities that have been forecast in programme
- Lead and deliver the Accountability Board (Visual Management Boards) for the area of responsibility
- Manage Key Performance Indicator metrics on schedule, quality, safety, delivery and cost
- Give advice and guidance on career development including coaching, provision of feedback and providing appropriate support
- Promote and sponsor operational excellence and drive all actions aimed at continuous process improvement
- Works effectively with others and building required relationships and interfaces to support delivery of the Programme
- Responsible for identifying, defining and solving complex operational and management problems in a dynamic environment
- Provide a diverse and inclusive working environment that allows individuals to flourish and realise their potential
- Work with others to form high performing teams
- Adopt a 'See It, Own It, Solve It' mind-set, by identifying obstacles to success and taking ownership to find solutions to those problems
- Responsible for undertaking other duties as reasonably required from time to time by line and task management, including work at other places within the UK or overseas; this will be done in consultation with you, and in accordance with any requirements contained in your Contract of Employment
Candidates must be willing to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas.