Nayr Recruitment are currently looking for a Production Technician based in Ayrshire for a 12 months contract within the nuclear sector.
Duration: 12 Months
Location: Hunterston (working week is 4 days 7.30am – 5.15pm)
Pay Rate: PAYE: £12.68 UMB: £17.04
- The operations team is dynamic, flexible and capable of meeting the delivery of all plant operational tasks on time and to a high standard. Within the team we have developed a strong safety culture which helps promote safe working practices that aids in recognising areas of concern that do not meet our expectations thus allowing for clear and concise reporting.
- Within this nuclear business we are governed under a highly regulated sector which requires us to deliver in a safe and compliant manner.
- I would therefore, be looking for an individual that works to a high standard and is capable of working within a performing team or individually.
Minimum Requirement / Key Deliverables:
- Appropriate technical qualification e.g. City and Guilds, BTEC, NVQ (NQF Level 2) or relevant experience
- Experience of working in an industrial environment
- Full british driving licence
- Industry standard fork lift truck certificate/licience
- Appreciation of RSA and IRR requirements (D)
- Plant Operations in areas assigned (D)
- Experience of working in the Nuclear Industry (D)
Qualifications and Experience:
- (Essential) Appropriate technical qualification e.g. City and Guilds, BTEC ONC, (NQF Level 3) or relevant experience in technical area
- Should demonstrate good team working skills, enthusiasm, commitment, innovative thinking and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- A good working knowledge of standards, policies and procedures at a nuclear power station.
- Experience of short term planning.
- Experience of supervising a team.
- The post holder requires experience of plant operation and maintenance on conventional and nuclear plant.
- Security Clearance: BPSS – Will go through BPSS security clearance – Must provide 3 years proof employment history
If you have the skills and experience for the role please apply with your CV.