For 50 years, we've been driven by the firm belief that engineers are the architects of tomorrow's world, leading the way with their daring, their expertise and their ability to push boundaries.
Together with our customers, our 6,000 employees innovate on a daily basis and contribute to accelerating energy transition throughout the world. They support the world's greatest engineering projects in the fields of energy, digital and transport.
A fast-growing international Group, we are present in 13 countries (in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Africa).
Assystem are a key engineering design delivery partner for the UK SMR (Small Modular Reactor) project.
Our expanding UK-wide team are innovating in engineering across a spectrum of digital, energy transition and Nuclear technologies such as fusion and modularisation alongside large-scale critical Infrastructure.
Join us and make your contribution towards the UK meeting our global net zero ambitions with multiple units planned to be supplying carbon free electricity within the next decade.
Assystem are recruiting for a Project Controls Engineer to join our back office team supporting our project management function and our Nuclear New Build teams.
The role will be working with the Assystem Business and Delivery Managers in ensuring the frameworks are compliant to the contract and internal cost requirements and supporting the delivery of these frameworks.
This is a long-term role supporting the HPC project and will offer the potential for role development within the Assystem Project Management community.
- Order book management
- Hours and expenses reconciliation
- Maintaining and updating cashflow process including aged debt to agreed targets
- Responsible for Change Management, for example Early Warning notifications and submitting timely Task Order variations
- Manage and track progress again contract KPI's both monthly internally and quarterly externally
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of financial information, weekly hours booking, invoicing, WIP, order book and cash forecasting
- Numerical skills in managing tasks, projects and portfolios of up to £5m per annum
- Conversant with Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, Outlook, Teams
- A minimum of GCSE level education, ideally HNC/D or above
- Financial experience particularly of business financial systems.
- Ideally have experience of cost estimating and management of fixed priced contracts using estimate at completion / estimate to complete methodology
- Capable of managing own work
- Good commercial awareness
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment, both within Assystem and an integrated multi company team
- Nuclear engineering consultancy experience would be a benefit, but is not essential