For 50 years, we've been driven by the firm belief that engineers are the architects of tomorrow's world, leading the way with their daring, their expertise and their ability to push boundaries.
Together with our customers, our 6,000 employees innovate on a daily basis and contribute to accelerating energy transition throughout the world. They support the world's greatest engineering projects in the fields of energy, digital and transport.
A fast-growing international Group, we are present in 13 countries (in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Africa).
Make your contribution towards the UK achieving our net zero ambitions Hinkley Point C (HPC) will be supplying 3,200 MWe of carbon free electricity within the next decade.
Assystem are a key multi-framework engineering partner helping to design, construct, and commission the UK's first large-scale nuclear power station in 30 years.
You will be joining our expanding team of over 7000 delivering innovative engineering across a spectrum of digital, energy transition and Nuclear technologies such as fusion and modularisation alongside key global large-scale critical Infrastructure projects.
Assystem is looking for a Project Manager to join our team in Bristol, to help support and build upon our UK nuclear new build business success, focusing upon the Hinkley Point C Project. We are above all looking for a driven individual, with a proven track record of being able to apply themselves to a task and delivering a favorable outcome.
Nature and Scope
- The ideal candidate will be proactive and self-motivated, who can work independently to identify priority activities and next steps to deliver initiatives and/or seek extra information.
- This role is an excellent opportunity to gain an overview of the HPC project, challenges and drivers from a client perspective.
- Nuclear experience is a plus but not required offering a fantastic opportunity for Nuclear industry exposure.
- Day to day activities will be varied with opportunity for the individual to steer their involvement to areas of interest.
- Engaged on a wide variety of projects.
- Under the close supervision and guidance of a Senior Project Manager.
- Stakeholder engagement/management across Engineering Directorate and HPC Organisation to ensure delivery and successful roll out of Transformation initiatives.
- Delivering/driving Transformation initiatives where required.
- Reporting on Transformation activities.
- Preparing leadership level presentations.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualification, Experience Required
- Proactive, self-motivated approach is essential.
- Experience of organisational change/managing transformation projects.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and communication skills.
- Understanding/experience of major project drivers
- Manage the provision of engineering information to the contractor to support on schedule construction.
- Manage a small MDT (Commercial, Quality, Engineering, Construction) to supervise the contractor.
- Liaise and coordinate with stakeholders to ensure work is carried out to safety, quality, time, and cost parameters
The required Skills and Competence:
Degree/HND - Civils, Building or M&E related.
Preferably chartered (CIOB, ICE, IET, CIBSE, etc).
PM Qualification or proven experience of operating within recognised PM delivery methodology.
Proven experience of managing construction/manufacturing related projects.
Experience of managing NEC and/or FIDIC contracts.
Able to demonstrate strong management skills including financial, risk, change, engineering, and schedule.
Appreciation of Safety, Environmental and Quality requirements in a highly regulated environment.
Good presentation, influencing and facilitation skills.
Experience of managing contractors, consultants, and other advisors.