Dynamic Controls Ltd (DCL), is a leading Valve, Manifold and Flow Control supplier for critical and demanding applications.
DCL's major markets include Defence and Nuclear which are significantly expanding.
DCL is entering a major growth phase in all of it's key markets.
Customers include many leading global "Blue Chip" Engineering / Technology companies.
The position is responsible for all aspects of the supply chain and the company's procurement strategy. Working closely and developing positive relationships with suppliers and internal customers, ensuring materials and services are available at the right quality and at the right time.
- Managing the supply of materials , products and components to meet customer/production demand.
- Managing supplier relations and negotiating contracts and pricing.
- Managing the purchasing function.
- Responsible for ensuring materials are cost-efficient, optimising the cost of acquisition.
- Ensuring the consistent and adequate supply of materials necessary for production
- Ensuring all procured items meet the required quality standards and specifications.
- Determining the required materials and generating purchase orders.
- Coordinating with other departments production goals and timeliness of materials.
- Forecasting production volume, monitoring customer demand patterns and purchasing trends.
- Scheduling and overseeing the supply and delivery of materials and products.
- Liaising with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Managing suppliers and inventory to meet business and customer requirements.
- Identifying and mitigating supply chain risks.
- Working with Engineering/ QA / Manufacturing/ Finance colleagues, ensuring all business and customer requirements are met.
- Setting & managing internal departmental and supplier KPI's.
- Ensuring ERP purchasing data is maintained and accurate.
A team orientated, can do, positive persona and outlook is a prerequisite.
Experience in the use of an integrated ERP system such as SAP or Oracle or similar, and its application in optimising purchasing and planning processes advantageous.
Ideally experienced as a procurement / planning professional within manufacturing or engineering.
Experience in taking ownership and resolving supplier issues.
The ability to use and understand business data to drive decision making.
Comfortable working with engineering colleagues, and suppliers on technical issues
Capable of working under-pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Good time, prioritisation, and workload management skills.
Microsoft Office literate, with a strong educational background.