Role- Quality Manager
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £negotiable (dependent on experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
You will Lead the delivery of Quality within the areas they represent. Lead the Quality team in support of development of staff, the expansion of Quality data and improvements in overall Quality performance. Aim to expand the scope, deployment, and diversity of the Quality team they represent.
Successful Candidates will be responsible for:
- Leading subject matter expertise in the fields pertinent to their role within Quality.
- Lead and develop a technical multi-functional team to resolve problems when required by the area they represent.
- Plan and deliver technical assessments using appropriate methodologies and contributing to capability development.
- Plan and implement development of tools, techniques and validation methods to ensure Right First-Time methodology.
- Plan and participation in improvement activities, and completion of Quality analysis, where appropriate.
Whilst not to be considered a check list, candidates should be able to demonstrate some of the following:
- ONC/HNC qualification in a relevant subject and/or a suitable vocational qualification (HND or equivalent) or practical experience in a quality-related role.
- Working knowledge of Quality Management Systems and related standards (e.g. Health & Safety, Environment, Security).
- Excellent inter-personal / negotiation / communication skills.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Basic Project Management or in-depth knowledge of specialist subject.
- Customer satisfaction and the tools and processes utilised in measuring business performance and delivery.
- Good understanding of configuration and change management techniques.
- Able to lead team/manage staff within a specialist field and environment.
- Understanding of improvement techniques, such as Lean, Six Sigma, RLI, etc.