Tradebe is a leading, global company in the environmental sector. Tradebe Environmental Services serves various markets including industrial, manufacturing, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, oil & gas, etc.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
We are seeking a candidate who can bring hands-on Radioactive Waste experience to provide technical knowledge to the Radwaste Disposal function at the Tradebe Inutec Nuclear Licensed Site. The Radwaste Technical Specialist Team Lead will have direct responsibility for advising the compliance of all radioactive waste movements in and out of the Tradebe Inutec Site and compliance with onward processing, recycling and disposal routes including providing guidance on waste compliance and disposal requirements from the new opportunity stage through to final disposal.
This is a demanding role requiring excellent team working, attention to detail, IT and communication skills with multi-stakeholder networking skills across all levels of the Tradebe Business including external customers and regulators. The successful candidate will be required to obtain BPSS National Security clearance. The post-holder will report to the Head of RDAT (Radwaste Disposals, Accountancy and Transport) at Tradebe Inutec with Team Lead responsibility for those in supporting roles within the Disposal Team.
These responsibilities must be met consistent with business needs, legal requirements and Company Policies.
Other appointments may be taken as part of the compliance with Legislative and Regulatory requirements and aligned with competency and development opportunities.
Overarching Role Responsibilities::
- Leadership – Team Leader - Disposals - 15%
- Waste Compliance / Waste Treatment / Disposal Routes SSHEQ / Compliance - 60%
- Requirements of Nuclear Site Licence / Licence Conditions / Security / Safety SSHEQ / Compliance - 15%
- Basic Understanding of Transport Regulations Operations - 5%
- Project Management / Business Development / New Business - 5%
• Influencing, providing awareness and leadership to all stakeholders within the business related to waste compliance and all related team matters.
• Driving the standards and targets of the Waste Compliance Team to deliver a safe and compliant operation consistent with delivering desired business results.
• Supporting the team on developing and cascading metrics/stewardship to be communicated to the Site Management Team.
Waste Compliance / Waste Treatment / Disposal Routes
• Ensure compliance (both legislative and 3rd party requirements) of all radioactive waste movements in and out of Tradebe Inutec.
• Establish and implement strong processes for the management of wastes at Tradebe Inutec.
• Manage and maintain a single waste tracking database.
• Ability to prepare and verify paperwork to send waste to LLWR, Fawley and other radioactive waste processing and disposal sites.
• Responsible for data verification tasks and support to PMs in verification tasks as required.
• Ensure all waste at Tradebe Inutec complies with statutory regulations, Environmental Permitting Regulations (EPR), ADR, and the Tradebe Inutec site and B4 safety cases.
• Ensure all radioactive wastes are checked against relevant Waste Acceptance Criteria (WAC’s) prior to final disposal to sites listed in our EPR.
• Undertaking specialist LLW technical assessments.
• Support the team to provide technical advice / reports to members of Site and Division teams (including sales, proposals, projects, operations Inutec & Fawley etc).
• Obtaining reports and information on radioactive waste management in UK and overseas and reporting to project and technical managers.
• Maintaining waste compliance working instructions.
• Management and preparation before and during audits.
• Support to waste acceptance paperwork.
• Development and improvements to the team internal processes and interdepartmental process that affect the team directly.
Business Development / New Business / Project Management
• Working directly with Project Managers on detailed waste issues as directed by the Line Manager.
• Working with Inutec sales, commercial, operational teams and transport carriers to develop plans, bids and solutions to meet customer needs.
Requirements of Nuclear Site Licence / Licence Conditions
• Identify, implement and comply with the legislative requirements and Nuclear Site Licence Conditions, especially obligations under Conditions 32 and 33 and adherence to the applicable Security, Safety, Health, Environmental, and Quality Company Procedures and Policies.
• Analytical / logical mind
• Attention to detail
• Ability to consider the bigger picture
• Time Management
• Good knowledge of legislation relating to movement and packaging of radioactive waste (specific training can be provided to improve working knowledge)
• Computer literate
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good written, presentation and verbal communication skills
• Be able to work under specified and agreed time constraints
• Professional and positive approach
• Strong in building relationships and able to communicate at all levels
• Team player and able to work under own initiative
• Dynamic and creative and ability to offer solutions
• Strong customer service priorities
• Ability to influence cross-functional teams
• Problem solving
• Incident investigation
• Emergency response
• Train the Trainer
• Existing working relationships with waste producers and receiving sites
• Technically competent in radioactive waste management
• Understanding of the applicable regulations
• Ability to work towards Inutec Ltd regulatory objectives
• Understanding the role responsibilities with relevant organisations (waste consigners, waste receivers, EA, ONR)
• Ability to assess and to manage the risks connected with the tasks associated with the role
These are the company values which we would expect every employee to work towards, hence their inclusion on the job description
• Health and Safety
• Customer Service
• Talent Development
• Environmental Sustainability
• Ability to prepare appropriately for checks on compliance, make informed assessments and be responsive to the circumstances encountered
• Ability to prepare and implement effective responses to non-compliance
• To understand the link between ONR licence conditions, EA/Environment and Security and safeguarding requirements with the role and tasks associated with the role (i.e. NSL LC4, LC5, EPK, IRR, reporting of near misses/non- compliances etc.)
• Committed, flexible and pragmatic team player with a professional approach