For 50 years, we've been driven by the firm belief that engineers are the architects of tomorrow's world, leading the way with their daring, their expertise and their ability to push boundaries.
Together with our customers, our 7,000 employees innovate on a daily basis and contribute to accelerating energy transition throughout the world. They support the world's greatest engineering projects in the fields of energy, healthcare, life sciences and transport.
A fast-growing international Group, we are present in 15 countries (in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Africa).
Assystem provide end state focused nuclear engineering services both individually and as part of an integrated design community - the largest nuclear design house in Europe - delivering major projects, infrastructure, waste, fuel management and safety case solutions. This mission is critical to the upkeep of the UK's long term nuclear infrastructure.
Join us and develop your career alongside a dedicated, delivery focussed, world class engineering team.
As a Responsible Engineer This role is a combination of delivery and discharge of intelligent customer. This role requires interface with Integrated Design Team, facility team (including systems engineering), other project functions and must work closely throughout project phases, All whilst working collaboratively in a team / JV environment.
Duties will Include:
- Crane modification (design and implementation),
- Major plant modification (design and implementation),
- Building ventilation and services,
- Decontamination and effluent management system design,
- Disassembly, dismantling, size reduction, and demolition of large equipment,
- Nuclear Safety and Hazard Management,
- Environmental and Nuclear Waste Management (including BAT studies)
- Production of engineering drawings, specifications, calculations, sequence diagrams, etc
- A minimum of three years working within a highly regulated industry.
- Familiar with a range of available technologies and techniques.
- Capable of independent and autonomous work during the delivery of packages.
- Able to actively seek input from other engineers, specialists, facility and project team members to improve understanding and deliver fit for purpose solutions.
- Be able to present information in forms specifically aimed at a variety of target audiences.
For more information and a further discussion through the job description, please contact
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.