Job Title: Security Assistant - Nuclear
Location: Blackburn hybrid/wfh
For 50 years, we've been driven by the firm belief that engineers are the architects of tomorrow's world, leading the way with their daring, their expertise and their ability to push boundaries.
Together with our customers, our 6,000 employees innovate on a daily basis and contribute to accelerating energy transition throughout the world. They support the world's greatest engineering projects in the fields of energy, digital and transport.
A fast-growing international Group, we are present in 13 countries (in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Africa).
Assystem is a leading Global Engineering Consultancy tasked with shaping the future of the energy landscape and helping to deliver net-zero solutions.
Whether through our New Build, Decommissioning, Defence or Infrastructure business areas and partnerships, we need your talent to meet our demanding growth plans in the UK.
Join us and develop your career in a world class, inspiring & supportive environment.
Job Title: Security Clearance Assistant - Nuclear
Location: Blackburn hybrid/wfh
Assystem are an Award-Winning International Engineering Design Consultancy with a global coverage who provide innovative and cutting-edge solutions to the nuclear sector. We are at the forefront of the #netzero challenge to create a robust energy mix and meet the UKs carbon zero targets.
As our reputation for proficient delivery of complex projects grows even stronger, we have a need for a Security Assistant to join the Security Clearance team based from Blackburn, arranging security clearances for all staff and new starters.
The Role: Security Assistant
The Security Assistant is responsible to the Company Security Controller for assisting with the overall security activities of the company and is primarily responsible for managing the efficient and effective coordination of the Personnel Security within the organisation relating to Security Vetting and Aftercare.
- Processing Vetting Applications within the organisation for staff and contractors and providing support and advice for all types of Vetting.
- Monitoring existing clearances and proactively ensuring renewals are carried out within a timely and efficient manner.
- Advising and updating on changes in policies and procedures in respect of vetting.
- Liaising with external agencies with regards to Security Clearances including the verification of internal and external clearances.
- Ensuring Personnel Security risks are effectively managed by conducting rigorous checks and ensuring ongoing Personnel Security controls are applied throughout the organisation.
- Act as a point of contact for all staff and contractors for both specific vetting and general security enquiries ensuring they are dealt with effectively and efficiently taking into account data protection and other security considerations in relation to disclosure of information.
- Deputising for the Company Security Controller when required
- Supporting on Security Incident reporting, follow-up actions and sharing learning from experience for any security near-misses and recording details of these.
- Assisting with site internal and external audits
- Providing project specific security support for key projects
- Providing general Security assistance to the Security Department as and when required
A full job specification is available with all responsibilities.
Ideally you will have previous experience of security vetting and have attended DISA training
You'll certainly be confident with the Microsoft office suite of programmes, specifically an experienced user of Word and Excel
This is a critical role within Assystem so you'll need to be reliable, self-motivated, honest and trustworthy with good organisation skills and the ability to meet deadlines and prioritise your own workload.
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
At Assystem, everyone holds the reins for their own careers. Our role is to offer you the opportunities and resources you need to reach your full potential.
So why not join us and help shape the engineering landscape of the future?
We are committed to providing equal opportunities for every candidate and we celebrate all forms of diversity. At Assystem, only your skills matter!