CALLING ALL SECURITY SYSTEMS MAINTAINERS!! Are you tired of travelling over large distances to conduct your work, not having suitable training for the array of systems you maintain and not always being paid for long hours? If so, apply today for a job where you'll work in a diverse selection of facilities, spread over two sites, where training is part of a regulated requirements and where extra hours are paid. We will provide great training on all the system both for general knowledge and manufactures training, to provide evidence for Suitable Qualified and Experienced (SQEP) assessments, and you'll even get every other Friday off too!
Our Teams of Maintainers may be having a day of conducting Defence Nuclear Security Regulated Maintenance and breakdowns but on another, may also be involved in supporting commissioning of major projects, supporting contractors installing kit or help security verify Operational Requirements capability. This work will be conducted at Aldermaston and Burghfield, in state-of-the-art facilities and ones that better demonstrate an approved technology feel. This is where the impossibly complex task of providing a Nuclear Deterrent is made possible, and you'll be maintaining the systems to keep it Secure; you'll make sure the impossible stays possible!
Craft Engineering Specialist - Security Maintenance Team
Location: Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: c. £35,000 (dependent on experience) + allowances = Gross salary normally in excess of £40,000 (plus On-Call allowance and Over time)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement - 270 hours a year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) plus every other Friday off
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
Supporting the UK's Continuous At Sea Deterrence programme and national nuclear security are at the heart of what we do, therefore working with us is both exciting and challenging - in fact it's everything you would expect from a company that supports national security.
As a Craft Security Maintenance Team Specialist at AWE, your responsibilities will include:
- Leading planned and reactive maintenance activities on site security system equipment. Specifically building intruder alarms, card access control systems, perimeter intrusion detection systems, CCTV and the Security management networked systems controlling these
- Provide support for On-Call Rota to maintain system 24/7 (Allowances to conduct this work)
- Implement safe systems of work and work instructions, demonstrating understanding, competence, and adherence to all relevant legislative and company standards within area of responsibility
- Act as a subject matter expert within a range of electronic security system fields demonstrating an in-depth working knowledge and technical advice to Customers and Stakeholders
- Applying detailed knowledge and experience which could involve carrying out repairs, installations, modifications, replacement, testing and commissioning to optimise plant and equipment availability
- Ensure own and team's task execution, behaviour and completion of relevant documentation is suitable and sufficient to demonstrate compliance with Asset Management (Plant and Equipment) arrangements and AWE core values
- To undertake technical investigations and generate reports to support modifications, abnormal events or design reviews
- Train/mentor Craft Practitioners in problem solving and task diagnosis providing a positive role model for inexperienced staff and taking a lead role in team meetings
To be considered for these roles, you must have an engineering apprenticeship with a minimum NVQ/Diploma Level 3 in a relevant technical discipline or relevant NVQ/Diploma level 2 plus industrial experience.
You will also need:
- Suitable competency for working on or near electrical supplies
- Ability to work as a lead team member including coaching other engineers in specialised roles
- Basic computer literacy to utilise relevant business systems (e.g., Asset Management System)
- Good interpersonal skills, written and verbal
- Detailed knowledge and working experience of fault-finding techniques and methodologies
- Understanding of the HASAWA
- Understanding and experience of SSoWs
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work complete specific training to work in designated areas of site.