Responsible for managing, challenging and assuring construction Environmental Minimum Requirements (EMR) compliance and ensuring these are fully integrated into construction design, methodology, cost and programme. Provide advice and support to the preconstruction team regarding the environmental constraints on the delivery of HS2, the high-speed railway project.
For 50 years, we've been driven by the firm belief that engineers are the architects of tomorrow's world, leading the way with their daring, their expertise and their ability to push boundaries.
Together with our customers, our 6,000 employees innovate on a daily basis and contribute to accelerating energy transition throughout the world. They support the world's greatest engineering projects in the fields of energy, digital and transport. A fast-growing international Group, we are present in 13 countries (in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Africa).
Schofield Lothian have been providing specialised construction industry consultancy services since 1979, delivering sustainable performance improvements within five practice areas: Consents & Engagement; Commercial Management; Project Management; Environment & Sustainability; and Contract Services.
Having an excellent reputation within the transport & infrastructure and property market sectors, they have developed relationships with a wide array of industry clients.
In an exciting development, Schofield Lothian & Assystem have allied with the intention of providing a comprehensive range of services and solutions across the industry. Schofield Lothian combining their focused knowledge and experience with Assystem's long history in the provision of design & project management, construction supervision and digital transformation services.
Ensuring full communication and information flow on these topics between Pre-construction and Design teams.
The role will require extensive interaction with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage / challenge the design of the environmental assets and reviewing the models for all environmental topics Ecology, Landscape, Archaeology and Built Heritage, Watercourse diversions, Water resources and flood risk, Waste, Contamination land, Noise & Vibration, Fencing, Land and Air Quality, Agriculture, Forestry and Soils that are to be produced in the MIDP.
- Ensure that design is compliant with the EMR and the Undertakings & Assurances (U&A) via the EMR Compliance Checklist & EMR Compliance Note
- Ensure that construction methodology and programme is compliant with the EMRs and the U&As via the EMR Compliance Checklist & EMR Compliance Note
- Provide advice and support for the preconstruction team regarding environmental constraints
- Liaise with SL project managers to gather all information needed for DJV to produce Dust risk assessment and Noise & Vibration Assessment Construction and Scoping Vibration Assessment
- Liaise with Project Manager to ensure that the Construction EMR compliance is achieved
- Provides guidance and advice to the consents and pre-construction teams on HS2 and legal requirements
- Liaise with Project Manager to ensure that Landscape design is compliant with the mass haul strategy
- Liaise with the Project Manager/temporary works to ensure that the Carbon LCA (lifecycle Assessment) by Asset calculation is compliant with the construction programme and methodologies and ensure delivery of all necessary inputs data from the preconstruction team.
- Responsible for ensuring environmental input into construction methodology and recording of positive changes
- Collaborate with all other parties
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
Personal Qualities and experience:
- 5-10 years' experience
- Large scale linear project experience (eg rail or highway).
- Significant experience with either a consulting engineer, main civil engineering contractor or a specialist environmental contractor.
- Experience of environmental design and mitigation
- Broad experience of all aspects of environmental design and works and impacts on 3rd Parties
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High standard of computer literacy
- Confidence and experience to challenge designs prepared by others