We are looking for a Senior Manager - Health Physics to provide a strategic overview of the operational health physics requirements to support current and future programmes across both sites. You will be required to provide suitably qualified and experienced Health Physics resource to implement policy and standards set by Radiation protection group and to comply with legislative and company requirements, oversee operational availability and compliance across the Estate Areas/Facilities; providing an Intelligent Customer base within the function. You will be required to deliver health physics operational and strategic plans, ensuring company processes and systems are being worked within and translate strategy into operational reality, allocating appropriate resource
Location - Reading / Basingstoke area
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement 270 hours a year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) plus every other Friday off
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Enhanced relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
We are looking for the successful candidate to have -
- Extensive experience of working in health physics or the nuclear industry
- Experience of working at a strategic level, including operational and detailed resource plans
- Experience in managing in high hazard/highly regulated environments.
- Good interaction with internal and external stakeholders, including customer and regulators.
- Proven practical experience of emergency response
- Extensive record of dealing with HR matters
- Ability to manage and resolve of complex cross discipline, technical and organisational issues at group and asset level
- Ability to identify problems, evaluate options and formulate effective solutions.
- Ability to constructively challenge and deal with conflict.
- Financial management.
- City & guilds stage 1 and 2 in radiation safety / Equivalent qualifications.
- Member of SRP.
- Management or leadership qualification.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the relevant security clearance for this role.