Assystem are a key engineering design delivery partner for the UK SMR (Small Modular Reactor) project. Join us and make your contribution towards the UK meeting our global net zero ambitions with multiple units planned to be supplying carbon free electricity within the next decade.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for preparing the Engineering task deliverables activities and managing their scope, quality, safety and risk management deliverables in line with the programme and engineering schedule.
- Develop scope, requirement specifications and engineering design using agreed engineering CAD, FEA and Modelling tools, and agree list of deliverables and activities inline with the design development activities stipulated in the programme and engineering schedule.
- Act as technical support and point of contact for other project and interface activities as required and ensure review of outputs and integration of results with the project engineering leadership.
- Collaborate with the project partners and design development activities and interfaces, and involvement in design reviews (single & multi-disciplinary review) in accordance to the programme, and engineering schedule review milestones.
- Provide input on multidisciplinary reviews, risk reviews, HAZID/HAZOP reviews and optioneering studies and reviews.
- Liaise with other partners where requirement on licensing, environmental and planning /permitting interface activities that are relevant to the Turbine Island Scope.
- Ensure adherence to the company statutory H&S Policies and rules and compliance with the project and Quality Management System.
- Relevant experience preferably in the nuclear or highly regulated industry such as oil and gas or energy. Good experience and background in Cooling Water Systems, turbine design, Balance of Plant or equipment design system.
- Strong technical background and broad experience in EPC power plant projects. With General mechanical or specialist piping, vessel, BOP equipment or mechanical handling areas.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with internal and external stake holders
- Ability to identify and manage the critical interfaces on major projects.
- Good knowledge of UK Health and safety regulations, safety systems, HAZOP and engineering substantiation and technical standards CDM and application of EU/UK codes and standards
Result oriented, teamwork, ability to work independently and proactively as part of a team, good organisation skills, ability to deal with confidential and sensitive nuclear information in a professional manner and in line with export control obligations.
- Result oriented, teamwork, ability to work independently and proactively as part of a team, good organisation skills, ability to deal with confidential and sensitive nuclear information in a professional manner and in line with export control obligations.
- Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma in an engineering discipline
Health and safety qualification is desirable such as IOSH or NEBOSH
Chartered and working to professional development towards chartership
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.