We are looking for a Senior Production Planner to join our team, as part of the newly formed PTC Programme Management Office.
You must be self-motivated, and be analytically minded, with a sound competence of IT tools, with a passion to solve a variety of challenges, and the ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders. Knowledge and experience of planning tools, particularly Primavera P6 preferable, but not essential.
An exciting opportunity for the right individual to be part of a team who champion change and innovate solutions.
Location - Reading area
Salary - £42,250 - £64,000 dependent on skills and experience
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement 270 hours a year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) plus every other Friday off
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
Within this position you will:
- Deliver production planning services that supports the timely delivery of work by the Operational Delivery Units. This role is an overarching role as a Senior Production Planner, working centrally, covering multiple areas of the business; ensuring effective production planning by integrating and improving planning processes across AWE with a particular focus on systems, master data and data integrity
- Work with PLM, MRP, and other company systems, using business intelligence tools to help drive planning and operational efficiencies. You will become a key driver of operational improvements using data derived insights
- Support and improve operational planning processes; ensuring that work is effectively and efficiently planned - across AWE Operations
- Use your planning and data analysis skills to provide insight into the quality of master data, and how to improve it, and work well and help others use MES, RCCP and BI tools
- Be a 'go to' person for operational planning expertise, and software tool use
- Have additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and to be a great team player
- Lead, coach and develop a team of production planners
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Considerable experience as a production or operations planner
- Operational data experience, and use BI tools to extract insights across multiple systems
- Experience working within complex organisations
- Experience developing strategy to improve data quality and systems
All candidates must be able to apply for and maintain the correct security clearance for this role.