Job Title: Senior Project Engineer (Scheduler)
Location: Plymouth, Devon, GB, PL1 4SG
Compensation: £ 37,908.00 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF43702
The role is part of the Submarine Support Programme Management Office (PMO). The PMO provides a professional service with integrity to our customers using our collective knowledge and expertise to reliably deliver high quality support functions to enable the effective delivery of Submarine Support Projects.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Senior Project Engineer (Scheduler) to provide SQEP support to Submarine Projects supported by the PMO.
What will you be doing?
- Provide progress reporting to Submarine Projects during both the planning and execution phases of the Project Delivery Framework (PDF).
- To understand the work package requirement to enable development and subsequent maintenance of the suite of schedules required to deliver a successful project.
- This includes the development of Controllable Activities, Key events, Critical Path and the associated metrics used to measure the health of the project, including Earned Value.
The experience you'll bring
- ONC / HNC or Equivalent in an Engineering Discipline
- Demonstrable Scheduling and Planning Expertise, with the ability to negotiate and extract relevant information with delivering managers.
- Fully conversant, or expert user, with Scheduling software Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project.
- Excellent communication skills and organisation skills.
- Knowledge of Submarine Systems and refitting practices, or Marine/Nuclear Industry practices would be an advantage.
You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Enhanced employment terms and conditions
* Money purchase pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Occupational health services
* Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
* Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
* Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
About Babcock International and Devonport
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
You will be based at Devonport Royal Dockyard in Plymouth, Devon. Working at Devonport puts the best of the South West at your fingertips. Amazing scenery, vibrant towns and numerous leisure opportunities - It's why Devon and Cornwall are such a desirable place to live and work.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy's new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 26/06/2022