For 50 years, we've been driven by the firm belief that engineers are the architects of tomorrow's world, leading the way with their daring, their expertise and their ability to push boundaries.
Together with our customers, our 6,000 employees innovate on a daily basis and contribute to accelerating energy transition throughout the world. They support the world's greatest engineering projects in the fields of energy, digital and transport.
A fast-growing international Group, we are present in 13 countries (in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Africa).
Make your contribution towards the UK achieving our net zero ambitions Hinkley Point C (HPC) will be supplying 3,200 MWe of carbon free electricity within the next decade.
Assystem are a key multi-framework engineering partner helping to design, construct, and commission the UK's first large-scale nuclear power station in 30 years.
You will be joining our expanding team of over 7000 delivering innovative engineering across a spectrum of digital, energy transition and Nuclear technologies such as fusion and modularisation alongside key global large-scale critical Infrastructure projects.
We are excited to be recruiting for a Senior Project Manager to join us in our Commissioning and Pre-Operations teams working on Hinkley Point C, the largest construction project in Europe at present.
This is a strategic role within Assystem, and will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of engineering, procurement, manufacturing, construction & commissioning activities for the life cycle of the project. The Senior Project Manager will report directly in to the Senior Commissioning Manager, and will be responsible for the direction and leadership of all activities associated with the projects and contracts assigned to them.
- Define the work scope to be delivered within each contract or package of work
- Secure the required resources to meet project requirements and promptly identify any personnel shortfalls or issues within the project team
- Develop and execute effective execution strategies and plans in line with the overall Programme Execution Plan (PEP), setting out how the programme of work will be managed, organised and executed.
- Maintain effective communications with all stakeholders and execute the project or PEP strategies within the contract or package of work
- Drive the delivery of the contract or package activities to ensure they are delivered safely, on time, to budget, meeting business and technical requirements.
- Monitor and manage the progress of the programme - track progress against milestones, deadlines, budget and provide key stakeholders with reports on these matters
- Anticipate, manage and resolve issues within the contact or package. Identify risks and facilitate the resolution of all issues raised, develop and update the programme budget, and escalate any issues.
- Ensure level 3 schedules are developed and maintained for the contract or package of work. Ensure such schedules are consistent with overall Project schedules (levels 1 and level 2). Escalate any discrepancies to the Project Controls Director
- Ensure the List of Deliverables (LOD) relating to the scope of work is delivered.
- Apply the principles of Earned Value Management (EVM).
- Report EV progress to Senior Management on a monthly basis.
- Review Contractor's applications for payment
- Ensure that contract or package contractual requirements are fulfilled
Key Skills & Experience:
- Extensive demonstrable experience in project management, on complex, multidisciplinary projects ideally with a value of £300 million upwards
- Demonstrable leadership, stakeholder management and decision making skills, ideally on a large complex project, used to dealing with requirements from multiple disciplines
- Demonstrate success in managing/developing:
- Engineering design, contract & field execution strategies for project delivery
- Multi discipline projects
- Procurement and management of complex contracts
- Control of costs, risk, schedule and change, and proficient in the use of Earned Value tools
- Close out of commercial claims and the associated negotiations
- Strong experience with NEC/FIDIC contracts
- Knowledge and / or practitioner of Project Management with experience of applying either; APM body of knowledge and OGC's Prince 2.
- Degree educated, or equivalent, and chartered status in an engineering, construction, physics or related field
- Good knowledge of CDM regulations
- Experience in a nuclear field would be beneficial, but is not essential
- Working knowledge of French language would be an advantage, but is not essential