Role - Senior Quality Engineer
Location - Reading/Basingstoke area
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
It takes a special sort of person to work at AWE. What if that person was you? AWE plays a crucial role in nuclear defence, providing the warheads for the UK's nuclear deterrent. What we do is unique and so are the people who work here.
You will Lead the delivery of Quality Engineering within the specific Quality areas they represent. Support the Quality team and stakeholders in the development of processes and Quality applications. Drive the expansion of Quality tools and improvements in overall Quality performance. Plan and deliver technical assessments using appropriate methodologies and contributing to capability development.
- Support the implementation and development of tools, techniques and validation methods to ensure Right First-Time methodology.
- Generate KPI data and reports to support improvement through accurate metrics and action plans.
- Engage with relevant stakeholders across AWE to promote Quality influence at all stages of projects and programmes.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant HNC/HND or equivalent qualification and/or experience.
- Membership of a recognized related professional body or working towards i.e. MCQI.
- Training in the use of lean and six sigma techniques and/or other related problem solving and improvement tools.
- Experience of process management and working in quality management, implementing quality and process management systems.
- Implementing appropriate and tailored solutions in a cost effective and cost-efficient way.
- Good knowledge of the national and international standards for quality and business management systems.
- Good depth and breadth of knowledge within their technical field.
- Technical knowledge of the configuration and certification requirements for high integrity products.
- knowledge in quality management, data analysis, problem solving and performance improvement.