Specialist High Hazard Nuclear Material Inventory Control (Operations) - Reading Area
AWE is currently recruiting for a Specialist High Hazard Nuclear Material Inventory Controller to work as part of a team supporting their Manufacturing and Production operations. This role will give you a career in a diverse and unique manufacturing environment that offers full training and career development.
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement 270 hours a year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) plus every other Friday off
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
As a Specialist High Hazard Nuclear Material Inventory Controller, you will:
- Ensure the Inventories are managed appropriately to support delivery of programme requirements
- Be accountable as Nuclear Material / Other Special Material Inventory Holder
- Manage the day to day efficient operation and deployment of the team to achieve agreed standards and deliverables.
- Build, develop and coach the Nuclear Material Controllers, considering current operational requirements whilst considering future strategic responsibilities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external customers, key stakeholders and interfaces to ensure a seamless process
- Ability to technically review documents and ensure that they remain compliant with the overarching legislation
- Registered Consignor / Consignee
- Ability to plan, prioritise and task workload, deliver in an organised manner and present results to senior managers
- Assertive and able to communicate effectively with all customers/stakeholders
- Ability to learn, understand and work to strict procedures in operational & controlled environments
- Strong relationship building skills with ability to influence, make decisions and deliver on promises
- Able to provide strategic direction, considering current and future requirements and their impacts
- Has first-hand experience within a range of administration related roles/services, including the use of appropriate tools, technologies, processes and systems
- To ensure that Company Safety, Quality Manuals and Operating Procedures are adhered too
- Work within Ionising Radiation Regulations in compliance with licence conditions
- Capable of dealing with and resolving problems including those arising through interaction with other sections / departments & external customers
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good attention to detail
- Good level of computer literacy
- HNC level qualification in scientific/technical' subject or the equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Inventory Control, storage, handling and movement of Radioactive Materials
- Knowledge of facility procedures, practices and various departments within high hazardous facilities
To obtain the required security for these roles you will need to be 18 years of age.
- These roles are governed by Health and Safety at Work Regulations and require all candidates to have an Occupational Health fitness test to be able to wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) needed to work in controlled environments.
- Fitness will be assessed at the pre-employment medical, held at AWE which follows the initial selection process. Candidates should be aware that one of the key requirements for ascertaining this fitness level relates to their Body Mass Index (BMI). Candidates for the role of Specialist Nuclear Material Inventory Controller must have a BMI of less than 35.