Nayr Recruitment are currently looking for a Structural Technician based in Cumbria for a 12 months contract within the nuclear sector.
Digital/Non Digital: NON Digital
Duration: 12 MONTHS
Location: Cumbria 50/50 from home
IR35: Not applicable – Inside
Pay Rate: £39 Ltd, Umbrella / £29.67 PAYE hour
- HNC Civil or Structural qualification
- Construction knowledge
- Knowledge of producing detailed drawings
- Long term roles In the past
The Plant Facing Design Office has a requirement for a Senior Civil/Structural Technician to provide a design service to various OUs across business and to be integrated within the multi-discipline Task Delivery Team.
The scope will be (but not limited to);
- To provide professional design support to the Task Delivery Design Team and reporting to the Senior Engineer; typically comprising the preparation of civil and structural and design packages for the task delivery portfolio of programme of minor project work, along with design and engineering input in multi-discipline tasks.
- The role requires a self-starting approach and the ability to develop fit for purpose civil/structural design drawings; providing support to senior engineer at client scoping meetings, commercial and design cells meetings to enable effective coordination with other disciplines, project engineers, construction and site wide stakeholders as required.
- The provision of civil/structural design support to senior structural engineer; with activities and deliverables typically. (but not necessarily limited to): Production of technical civil detail design drawings, specifications, engineering orders, residual risk registers, CDM files and NFR’s; technical input to TQ’s & concessions for civil/structural design schemes across the task delivery portfolio.
- Production of civil/structural design schemes and full solutions in support of senior civil/structural engineer with all necessary civil/structural drawings, quality documentation, designer risk assessments, OIMSs, specifications, etc. in accordance with the applicable company and national practices, procedures and standards, as well as all applicable statutory regulations.
- There is a requirement to work in accordance with the PFDO Work Governance Process – the necessary familiarisation briefing and IT access will be provided to candidates who are not familiar with this process.
- HNC/HND in Civil/Structural Engineering with minimum of 3 years experience within civil/structural design; or equivalent professional qualification.
- Competent and proven Civil/Structural Technician capable of producing scheme & detail design drawings who is familiar with the roles and application of the CDM regulations 2015.
- Proficient in use of Autocad design software
- EngTech or Incorporated Engineer Status with professional registration with ICE or IStructE.
If you have the skills and experience for the role please apply with your CV.