Job Title: Vehicle Mechanic
Location: RAF Honington, Bury Saint Edmunds, IP31 1EE
Compensation: £27,547 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF42083
This is your opportunity to join Babcock as a Vehicle Mechanic. As a Vehicle Mechanic you will join our team that are responsible for the inspection, repair, service and overhaul of military vehicles. You will be working closely with the MoD and internal Babcock teams.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an individual with experience either from a military environment or a commercial garage with an NVQ level 2 in a related discipline as a minimum. You will be an excellent communicator, both verbally and written.
What will you be doing?
As a Vehicle Mechanic you will
* Carry out work to the required standard and specification as detailed in accordance with EMERs & AESP's, customer requirements, current regulations, local instructions, process plans and other technical publications.
* Undertake diagnostic and inspection duties on equipment.
* Ensure that time cards are filled out correctly daily.
* Completion equipment documentation and test certificates / reports.
* Ensure stores and equipment issued to job are used for their correct purpose.
The experience you'll bring
* We would like you to have a NVQ/C&G Level 2 in a vehicle mechanic discipline
* Commercial or military mechanic experience
* Must have or have the ability to obtain SC security clearance
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Babcock DSG is committed to the continual development of its employees and to support this you may be required to undertake activity within your competence or accredited skillset across a variety of roles within your operational function or discipline consistent with your pay band. Additionally, training will be provided where required to broaden your personal competence and skills profile to maximise opportunities for your flexibility, personal development and deployability to provide experience across a range of roles and services we provide to our customers.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.