AWE is looking for Waste Officers. It takes a special sort of person to work at AWE. What if that person was you?
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £26,000 - £39,750 (dependent on experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
You will act as facility waste co-ordinator and advisor for relevant project/facility wastes including waste acceptance requirements, identification, characterisation, minimisation, storage, containment and sustainable procurement. Post holders will be appointed for Radioactive, Controlled and Aqueous Waste Routes.
We are looking for the Waste Officer to have -
- A sound understanding of the general principles of radioactivity and awareness of radiological instrumentation.
- Awareness of the regulatory regime for all wastes including Radioactive wastes.
- Awareness of Environmental Management Systems, audits, inspections and investigations.
- Self-confidence to challenge long established processes and activities in order to influence for change and manage waste in line with the waste hierarchy/BAT.
- Good problem solving skills, an inquisitive nature and desire to drive constant improvement.
- Good communicator both written & oral with staff and stakeholders at all levels.
- A Science based degree or equivalent experience.